The Home Straight
The Home Straight was founded by sisters Olivia Robertson and Clare Cooper in March 2012 with the goal of helping older people live, for as long as possible in their own home.
They bring a combined total of over 60 years of experience of working for the common good to the mission of The Home Straight which is to help older people move to new homes or adapt their current home in response to life’s changing needs.
Olivia trained as an Occupational Therapist, expertise she has developed over a career spanning thirty years in the public sector, most recently with Angus Council’s enablement team, which helps people become more independent and improve their quality of life. Clare has worked in a variety of management fundraising and policy roles in the charitable arts and cultural sector, also over three decades. In 2012, she was awarded a place on the Scottish Lloyds Banking Group Social Entrepreneurs programme to help start up The Home Straight.
Services offered by the Home Straight include:
• ‘Should I Stay or Should I Go?” Helping you assess all your options using our ‘Home for Life’ Toolkit
• Advice on moving, downsizing to a smaller property or, if necessary, moving to sheltered housing, residential care home or nursing home including reputation checks to help your selection
• Organising all aspects of downsizing and moving you and your belongings to your new home including:
• de-cluttering and helping you decide what you really want/need to keep
• recycling and/or selling unwanted items
• preparing your current home for sale including arranging for any repairs or refurbishments and signposting you if necessary to trusted trades people
• Organising all aspects of your move including sourcing boxes and packing materials, packing up your belongings for you, organising and liaising with the removal company, arranging care for your pets if necessary
• identifying any alterations needed to ensure your new home is adapted for your needs, organising and managing these to completion, identifying, sourcing and educating you on the use of relevant adaptive equipment and signposting you if necessary to trusted trades people
• Identifying any alterations and equipment to adapt your current home to your changing needs. If necessary, identifying trusted tradespeople, organising and managing work to completion.
The Home Straight is professionally indemnified and all those who are employed by the company are PVG registered and CRB checked.
For further info', contact:
The Home Straight
Tel: 07840 544420
Printable view | Share This