De’ils On Wheels
At De’ils On Wheels helps people build and maintain their own bikes, teach riding skills and recycle old bikes! De’ils On Wheels is a community cycle workshop based in Scotstoun in Glasgow which provides a range of services for the benefit of local people and the local community including:
• Bike servicing and repairs – including Dr Bike MOT checks
• Fix Your Own Bike sessions – and Build Your Own Bike training
• Donate a bike – if you have an unwanted bike, bike parts or accessories then please donate them to us – we can also collect
• Bike sales – we sell reconditioned bikes at low cost – check Facebook for the latest available stock
• Parts and spares – we have a range of salvaged parts available at low cost
• Cycle skills course
• Pedal powered generators
• and much more!
It is a very friendly and relaxed set up – everyone is welcome from absolute beginners to total grease monkeys.
De’ils on Wheels is also participating in the Revolve Reuse programme, Scotland’s national re-use quality standard.
The name De’ils On Wheels – so called in the spirit of Kirkpatrick MacMillan, the Scots inventor of the pedal bicycle. In 1842 the blacksmith rode his machine 70 miles from Dumfries into Glasgow, where people flocked to see the arrival of the “De’il on Wheels”. Unfortunately this led to him crashing into a small girl, and he was fined 5d as a result. However, the judge was so impressed by Kirkpatrick’s invention, he returned the fine. Kirkpatrick rode home, never exploiting his invention, not thinking of patents or money making, and quite unconcerned with the fuss he’d caused
For more info, contact
De’ils on Wheels
Tel: 07515 879747 or the DRCET main office on 0141 433 0427
Printable view | Share This