Launchpad Training & Enterprise
Launchpad Training & Enterprise works closely with the community and voluntary sector in Perth & Kinross, Scotland in a number of ways:
• Enable the sector to meet the urgent material needs of the most disadvantaged members of our community through provision of furniture packages promptly and free of charge to people in crisis and in need. It does this by brining donors, referring agents and recipients together through an effective 'free' market mechanism. The social and strategic benefits of this work undertaken by the Perth Furniture Project over the past decade are recognised and financially supported by the local authority.
• Enabling other organisations to participate in an Accredited Training Centre developed and operated by Launchpad for the Consortium partners.
• Developing new re-use and refurbishment ventures such as Re Cycles - The Bike Project, the soon to be launched Ski and Snowboard project and the Carpet Recycling Project under the Launchpad umbrella. These have advisory committees made up of a wide range of public, voluntary and private sector representatives and offer opportunities to disadvantaged groups to participate in sport and leisure activities and improve their heath and well being.
• Using the skills and expertise of its specialist team to support the development of new ventures such as community based interactive web sites.
• Developing vocational training and work experience opportunities for disadvantaged groups in particular, those with severe and enduring mental health issues and disadvantaged young people.
• Creating employment for participants in its work teams through growth of its social enterprise activities.
• As a key player in the Consortium and Tayside 5R's group developing opportunities for joint working between community sector organisations.
For more info', contact:
Dunkeld Road Warehouse
14 Dunkeld Road,
Tel: 01738 628268
Fax: 01738 622839
Printable view | Share This