The Glenburn Centre
The Glenburn Centre provides a community facility, influenced and directed by local people to meet the needs of Easthall; Barlanark; Wellhouse and Kildermorie communities.
Their Café is particularly successful, catering for family events such as christenings, birthday and engagement parties. They can also provide quality corporate catering.
The Cafe has recently seen a increase in hours and its aim is to attract more residents into the cafe and to give their ideas of what they would like to see on the menu. They can cater for all your family functions, from finger buffet to a 4 course meal. They also have facilities to cater for private functions; seminars and training workshops.
We devote a lot of time and effort working with the young people of the area - including running 2 football teams With a very successful Summer Programme, they can sign-up over 80 children for activities. These programmes are all dependent on the hard work of staff, volunteers and local mums.
The Centre generates income through the café as well through its Function Hire service with other initiatives planned for the near future
The centre has been involved in a significant increase in community activity by:
• A greater sense of community ownership with more volunteers from
the community working with and in the centre
• More residents accessing the facilities offered in the centre
• Increase in the wide range of services provided, thus providing all residents with options on how to access information and advice
• Visit from the Prime Minister and local MSP which helped to recognise the importance of community activity and partnership working
• Youth and children’s activities and programmes have increased 100% - the knockon effect has highlighted a reduction in reported gang fighting and vandalism
The Glenburn Centre
6 Glenburnie Place
Centre Manager: Lynette McKechnie
Tel: 0141 781 2277
Printable view | Share This