By 2015, Outf!t-Moray intends to be the leading social enterprise in outdoor education in Scotland providing a range of services and products to young people, families, local communities and visitors. They will do this through actively developing potential through outdoor learning and adventure and to make a difference to the lives of young people in Moray enabling them to become positive contributors to their community.
The Aims of Outf!t-Moray are to:
• Ensure the outdoors is accessible and affordable
• Improve the life skills, confidence and self esteem of young people by providing opportunities to support their learning and development.
• To increase participation in the outdoors and encourage young people and families to be more active.
• Promote social inclusion and encourage social interaction.
• To work closely with our partners, the local autority and other agencies in Moray contributing to the strategic objectives of the Scottish Parliament to make Scotland a wealthier, fairer, healthier, safer, smarter, stronger and greener society.
• To provide a wide variety of outdoor activities that are interesting and challenging and where ‘positive risk taking’ is encouraged
• Develop local capacity by providing outdoor training for ‘leaders’ who work with young people.
• Develop new products and services to generate income in order to become more self-sustaining.
In addition to their fundraising activities, Outf!t Moray also operates a contract service (providing admin and outdoor education skills) and a consultancy service that can facilitate events and/or deliver workshops.
For further info`, contact:
15 Shore Street
Tel: 01343 549571
Printable view | Share This